expect the unexpected, visit @ur own risk!!!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

parents in denial...

this is the sequels to my post about doodles, scribbles & the like...
i thought after seeing Lau Shi regarding the matter it was basically the end of story. tapi ropenye tidak!!!

it so happened that on the following day, Laith called me up from school (using the school's public phone) to say that he's having tummy ache. since i have always been not into all this sakit trick, told him to stay on until the end of last period. about half an hour later i received another phone call from Lau Shi asking me to come and collect him from school sebab he was in such pain. so i did lah sebab Lau Shi dah call kan so percayalah.

after gathering all his stuff. Lau Shi informed me that Foo Jia Le's parents came to see her that morning expressing their tak puas hati because Lau shi did not believe their son's side of story!
eh...that is outrageous!

they were very disappointed with Lau Shi because she did not defend him & took his side! ade ke plak macam tu!? to them, their son could do no wrong...duh..hallo!? Lau Shi explained to them that she could not take sides cos she could not be certain who’s the one who is not telling the truth to which i agreed. Seriously these parents.…come on, be realistic, who wants to take blames for heaven sake~ even adults would not stand up for their mistakes…coming from a child… yeah right!

I am not a “teacher- seeing- parent” kind of person. whenever Laith comes back from school & tells me that he was caned or punished at school, I will take it that he must have done something wrong- to me teachers will not simply punish for no reasons whatsoever- well most of the time when I ask him why he’s been punished, the answer has always been – he did not do his homework, he talks during lesson or he disobeys orders. Well I think it’s fair enough that he’s punished. That’s what u call discipline at school or discipline in general.

During my school days, my parents were not those “teacher seeing parents “ themselves. My brothers & I had learned some painful lessons on that matter. If & when we were to come back from school & report to them that we were punished @ school for any reasons whatsoever, we’ll just have to face the consequences of that complaint from them- another punishment, for being punished at school!…hahaha… so once beaten twice shy…next time kene rotan lagi dengan cikgu, sumpah tak mo report kat ma & baba dah!!!

Back to Laith’s predicament, Lau Shi asked me if it was just a trick sebab takut punya pasal that Foo Jia Le’s parents came by that morning. Well I was not sure of that myself but when I took him to the clinic soon after, it was confirmed that he’s suffering from gastritis. Kesian anaku… 

Anyway, in all fairness I told Lau Shi that (like Foo Jia Le) Laith too is an only child, but I do not believe in pampering him too much, cause that will only spoil him rotten in the future. I believe that you are what your children will be… if parents keep covering up for the children, memang masak lemaklah diornag ni! To me if Laith’s done something wrong, he’s done wrong,. & punishments will make him learn his lessons.

to sum it all up...
a child is like a piece of blank canvas, it’s up to the parents to put colours on it….

3 comments:

  1. oh very good. i salute u. seems like our parents ni sama. kalau komplen cikgu marah, lagi kite kena marah so better shaddap. hehehe.

    but parents itu budak bengong la..

    ReplyDelete
  2. CT: manja kene ade tempatnye...strict pun ade masanye... dah lah adam tu anak i sorang (so far )kalu ikut je cakap de all the time..camane nak jadi suri tauladan to the adik2 nanti...


    Sue: kan!!! daripada kene double wallop baik shaddap kan...at least sakit sekali je...hehehe...;P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...